The Mystic Access podcast was initially founded as the Mystic Place Blog and Podcast by Chris Nova in November, 2007. From the beginning, episodes focused on assistive technology, mainstream product accessibility, and tools for taking the intimidation factor out of learning to use your technology.
In April 2013, when Mystic Access was officially founded as a company, the podcast name was changed to reflect the new branding. In the ensuing years, the podcast has grown exponentially (we now receive well over 5000 downloads a month). Co-hosts Kim Loftis Nova and Lisa Salinger also joined the team to add their talents and banter to the mix, and Kim remains a regular podcast co-host today. She also married Chris in August, 2021.
Our podcast continues to specialize in providing the tools for blind and visually impaired users to become empowered to maximize their enjoyment of access technology. Our goal is to make learning your assistive technology informative and fun, while minimizing your overwhelm and stress. We are totally blind assistive technology users ourselves, and therefore deeply understand the frustrations and hurtles that occasionally need to be surmounted in order to successfully learn and use your technology. WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!®
The passing of time and episode content.
Please note that due to the passing of time, developments in technology, businesses changing or shutting down, and other factors beyond the control of Mystic Access, some podcast episodes, or content found within individual episodes, are no longer relevant and / or applicable. We’ve kept these episodes available for archival purposes. After all, it’s fun to see where we’ve been technologically, as well as to discover where we’re going.
In addition to listening here on our site, there are a number of other ways in which you may choose to enjoy our podcast.
- Via the Hims Blaze EZ and ET DAISY players, as well as the Humanware Second Generation Victor Reader Stream/Victor Reader Trek, or the Podcast app on the BlindShell Classic 2 phone. Just search for Mystic Access.
- Via your favorite pod catcher on iOS, Android or Fire OS.
- Via your Google Nest or Alexa voice assistants. Just ask to “Play the Mystic access podcast.”
- Subscribe using our RSS feed: https://mysticaccesspodcast.com/feed/podcast
View the 20 most recent podcast episodes below. Activate any link to play the episode and read its show notes.
- A Pretty Good Achievement
- Calorie Free
- When Everything Goes Wrong
- A Twix Girl
- Couples Rules
- Over the Moon
- Superman is on The Sub
- I Can Learn to Bake a Pie
- bonus episode HumanWare and Mystic Access Stream 3 tutorial announcement
- Pull the Curtain Back
- Back to Boston
- Remote Wars
- Book Browsing
- Super Cool
- Out of Sight
- A Pizza Joint On Every Corner
- Flipping The Switch
- The Way That Things Were
- Adopt a New Pixel
- Cute Little Bunny